Monday, October 25, 2010

Back at it again.

I've been getting some complaints/rants regarding the fact that I haven't updated my blog since the beginning of the summer. Well back I come with my tail between my legs, begging for forgiveness...mostly because I fell off my budgeting wagon.

I have found myself back to where I was a year ago (minus the owing collections agencies a ton of money). I spent the summer throwing money around, went on a lengthy vacation that was supposed to be the cheaper route to go and ended up costing much more than expected and here I sit on a Monday afternoon with $2.47 in my bank account and 4 days til I get paid again.

I had a friend ask not too long ago what was the best thing I did when I was budgeting my money. I will say this again and again and again....the envelopes. Having something tangible in my hand that I can use to trade for something that I want/need. I thought that if I did the envelopes for long enough that I would just get the hang of it and be able to take a look at my bank account on a semi-daily basis and be able to control my spending. NO SUCH LUCK.

So, starting on Thursday when I get paid, I am going back to my envelope method of living.

In the meantime, send me your stories of success and I will post them on my blog. Also, my promise to you is that I will update my blog on a weekly basis from now on.

No comments: